Thursday, August 05, 2010

Zapped

Hi, everyone. Sooo I almost forgot to post today. ALMOST. My head was about the hit the pillow and BAM. I remembered. Aren't you glad?

Obviously this is going to be a short one cause I'm half asleep already, but I just wanted to share a quick thought.

I've been reading the book "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's completely amazing. I wish I had more time to read it!! I hope to finish it within the next couple days cause there's so  much for me to learn from it and there are SO many other books I want to read. I'll probably give you a full review of sorts of this book after I finish it.

Anywho. The thought. It's a quote that really hit me. Advice given to Liz from Richard from Texas in India.

“Big deal. So you fell in love with someone. Don’t you see what 
happened? This guy touched a place in your heart 
deeper than you thought you were capable of reaching, 
I mean you got zapped, kiddo. But that love you felt, 
that’s just the beginning. You just got a taste of love. 
That’s just limited little rinky-dink mortal love. Wait till 
you see how much more deeply you can love than that. 
Heck…you have the capacity to someday 
love the whole world. It’s your destiny.”


Amazing, right? I love it. Well, thanks for reading. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with a more prepared and thought-out post. Good night, dreamers.        : )

2 comments:

  1. Loved that book!! Especially the Eat section, I just wanted to go to Italy and eat pizza, it made me so hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the preview for the movie and it looks interesting. And you make the book sound like a must do. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete