Monday, August 16, 2010

Closer to the Edge



That is the title of a song. An amazing song. By 30 Seconds to Mars. The lead singer is Jared Leto. I blogged about this a while ago when I went to their concert. Mind-blowing. But that's beside the point.

It also describes me, at this moment. It's hard to put into words, but I'm going to try.

Right now, I feel like I'm on the edge, right at the precipice of something big. Something life-changing. I know it. With every fiber of my being, I know that something's coming. I'm getting impatient because I'm SO ready for it. I need it. Badly. I can't just...stay...anymore.

I'm made enough changes and enough changes have been forced upon me in the past year that I feel more ready for this. MORE ready. Not completely, because by nature I've always been a more reserved person, but being so open to this change, this time of transition, it's hard to keep getting pulled back. It's like I'm on a cliff, ready to dive into the unknown, but there's a bungee cord that keeps snapping back, just enough to keep me...here.

I need release. I need to cut the cord. It's time.

I pray for patience. I pray for opportunities. I pray to be ready.

It's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment