Friday, January 31, 2014

It Can Be Done. Believe it.




I like to think that I'm capable of anything I set my mind to. My own insecurities and occasional negative mentality is what usually stops me. I'm trying to give myself more credit these days, though. I can do it. I just need a challenge. A little push.

I've proven my negative thoughts wrong on many occasions and I'm so glad that I have.


"I can't."

"I could never do that."

"I don't have the strength or the will power."

"I don't know how."

"What will others think of me?"

"What if I fail?"



So what if I do? So what if I fail? Not trying is so much worse because then I always wonder.


I'm more sure of what I'm capable of these days because I've tried. I've done well, I've done not-so-well, and in many ways I'm still learning and growing. But I just don't want to be too afraid to try anymore.


Do you ever tell yourself those things? Does it keep you from taking that step?

I hope not. I hope your inner self is kinder. And I want you to know that YOU can do it. It bums me out when awesome people say "I could never do that". Yes, you could. I KNOW you could. It may not be easy. It may take time. The result may not be what you expected, but a lot of times that's a good thing. You may surprise yourself.

I know I have.

I can write every day for a month just to prove that I can.

I can do yoga in public, not just in the privacy of my own living room.

I can go out and meet people who I might have dismissed in the past.

I can go to a foreign country for the first time. (England! 4 days!)

I can put myself out there and occasionally get shot down (still working on that one in a more recent manner).

I can let go of things that are good for things that are greater.

I've found things and projects and causes that are worth it.

I've discovered so much to be passionate about.




Make it matter. Let it in. It can be done.


Believe it.


More to come... (which will hopefully put this post in context)   :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree that NOT trying is worse than anything. I think one of the worst things would be to look back on my life someday and wonder, "What if...?"

    ReplyDelete