Hey, guys. I'm baaaaaack. : )
After the marathon of blogging that was November, I needed a break. I didn't really plan on making it all of December, but it kinda turned out that way. *shrug*
I'm okay with it.
But here I am! And here is the new year. 2013. Wow. Kinda came outta nowhere. Not really, but ya know.
Honestly, full-on, hard-core resolutions never work out well for me. But I do have a few things I'd like to work on. And goals. Wanna hear them? MMkay.
- Move Out. Yes, I am currently still living at my parent's house. Just as I did before college, after college, and now. It is really REALLY nice to not pay rent, but the commute to work is killing me and I am in desperate need of my own space. Definitely happening in the next month or two. Possibly in a 2 bedroom with my sister, Ashleigh. Makes rent cheaper and probably best all around. I also need a kitchen of my own for goal number 2
- Start my own business. This plan scares the living crap out of me. No lie. But I have been doing an increasing number of cakes recently and I think with some effort and a lot of help, I could make this thing for real. I've had offers to help so it's still in early early EARLY stages and I'd be starting small, but it's something I want to make happen. I'll keep you updated.
- Accept Myself. This one's pretty personal. Yes, I have trouble with body image and self confidence and whatnot. As most do. I just want to be more comfortable in my own skin. Long and on-going process, I know. Just needed to put it out there.
- Eat Healthier and Exercise regularly. This one goes along with number 3. It's pretty cliched this time of year, but applicable. I've done it before. I can do it again. I'm still Vegetarian and I have no plans to stop. But also, I need to cut down on cheese. I love it SO MUCH. Too much. Yeeeahhhh. Need to work on that. I'm even leaning toward Vegan. I don't really enjoy eggs and I haven't been drinking milk for a long time. I don't know. We'll see. May not be total, just hints of it. Anyway.
- Letting Go. This one's pretty serious. There's a lot of crap that I tend to hold on to. It piles up and gradually drags me down. Memories, guilt, regrets... Gotta let go. And people. I keep in contact sometimes with people who do no good for me and possible do harm. I did quite a Facebook friend purging today. Felt really good. Hopefully won't be the need for that often, but I'll be quicker with the unfriend button, that's for sure. Some don't deserve to be in my life. And I deserve better. Quality, not quantity.
Well, I think that's more than enough for now. Got pretty heavy there at the end. Oops! So, here's to new beginnings! A fresh start. : )
Any resolutions, official or otherwise, you'd like to share? I'd love to read them.