Monday, June 13, 2011

Quarter of a Century



Hey, guys. Guess what? I had a birthday. Last month, actually. Yup. I hit the big 2-5. Geez. I'm still letting it sink in. I wanted to do a blog post closer to the actual day, but when have I ever been prompt about these things? Exactly.

So, yeah. It happened. May 23rd, if you didn't know. It fell on a Monday this year, and oddly enough, I had Sunday through Tuesday off work. Nice gift to me!! Sooo nice to not have to set an alarm (and I also remembered to silence my phone completely, anticipating facebook alerts). So on Monday, I slept in looong and hard. Woke up a time or two, rolled over, and went back to sleep. I LOVE  doing that. On occasion on my days off, I'll even set my alarm just so I can shut it off and go back to sleep. It's really satisfying. : ) I lounged in bed a while, but hunger and my bladder eventually forced me out. I wanted a yummy breakfast, so I made myself a Single Lady Pancake from Joy the Baker's blog. I love this recipe! It makes one big pancake instead of making way too much for one person. Which I've done. : )

After breakfast, I lounged around some more, possibly laid in bed for a while (is it lied or laid? eh.). I eventually got my but in gear and dressed in my Breaking Benjamin shirt and good jeans. Chucks on feet. Oh, yes. Feelin' good. : ) Had to run some dumb errands like putting the cable in my name at the new apartment and checking my PO Box in Eagle. But I had mail!! And not just bills!! So, that was good. Then I went to the Pugmire's and tagged along to the twins' soccer game. They totally won!! It was awesome. And there was pizza. Cheese, please! EmRee was kind enough (and a little nervous to) make me a birthday cake. Got my favorite cake recipe from my mom: Cream-filled Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!

Photographic evidence:

Lighting my 25 candles in the shape of
a smiley face.

Crazy Pugmire kids. They're awesome.
Scotty, Zac, Allie, Anna, and Grant.

They're singing to me. I'm all embarrassed! 
Parents on speakerphone, too. 

Make a wish!!

Cake was yummy!! Then I skyped with mom, dad, Ashleigh and Alex so they could see me open my presents. Check out my haul!!

So awesome!! 2 of the books I bought for myself. ; )

It was a great day. AND I got a bonus birthday as well!! On Tuesday, EmRee took me to get my first mani/pedi. No, I'd never had either before. Criminal!! It was fun and VERY relaxing. Check it out:

Green is keen. 

Took me all of five minutes to ruin one of my fingernails, as predicted, plus after working in the dirt and stuff, the manicure was hashed after a week. I took it off. But it's still on my toes! Yay for flip flop season!! : )

After the mani/pedi, we picked up Grant from preschool and drove to the outlet shops in Silverthorne, about 20 minutes from Vail. I got some black long shorts (all I had was denim), a peachy button-up sweater, and a thin beige sweater all for really good prices. I hadn't been clothes shopping...pretty much since I moved here, so way overdue! Grabbed some lunch and headed back home. Another good day! Thanks so much, EmRee!! : )

It's pretty much required for a person to look back on their life on the day of their birth. So I did.

Here are my thoughts on the past year:

-Last Spring was hard. Really hard. I wasn't in a good place. I'm glad I've moved past that.

-It is best to stop holding on to someone who doesn't want to be held on to. 

-I still enjoy being vegetarian. 2 years in May! One of the best things I've done.

-My sisters are, and always will be, one of the best things in my life. I LOVE MY SISTERS!!!

-I picked up my life and moved hundreds of miles away where I didn't know a soul. I never thought I could do that, but I did. I'm really proud of myself and now I know I'm capable of a lot more than I thought.

-I really love my job and I'm good at it. I love the people I work with and I LOVE being closer to work. 10 minute walk definitely beats a 30 minute drive PLUS 10 minute walk. ; )

-I love my family more than anything. I miss them like crazy, but I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be for now. I can't say what will happen in the future, but here is good for a while.

-I'm thankful to have the church as a constant in my life. I have a great branch to go to and friends there. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

-I've learned to open myself up more to change. Obviously. Change is the only thing in life that stays the same.

-The Lord will provide. I'm not meant to know all the answers right now. I'm trying to trust Him more.

-I won't sell myself short. I know I deserve the best because I'm willing to give it. 

-I've shifted my focus a bit. I know what I want now and how to get it. Now I'm just working toward it.

- EUROPE. NEXT SUMMER. NO EXCUSES.

-Books are still some of my best friends. I read to lose myself as well as find myself.

-Music is vital to my life. Then. Now. Always.


Well, this post is getting rather lengthy. I guess I'll wrap this up. Here's to another year!!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good birthday!! And that is a really good list of thoughts! Hope this next year is all you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete